- Future 20## ___: Start using Cascading Style Sheets.
- Future 20## ___: Set up a MIDI index page and pages for each composer.
(The MIDI files aren't ready, but having a publicly-visible place to attach them may inspire me.)
- Mon 2019 Sep 30: Not a change (yet), but noticed a new bot:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.0; trendictionbot0.5.0; trendiction search; http://www.trendiction.de/bot; please let us know of any problems; web at trendiction.com) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/188.8.131.52
They (claim to) track social media. It didn't crawl far today. If it comes back I may add:
More informations regarding robots.txt are available on the site http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html.
- Sun 2019 Sep 22: Added a transparent RTIC 45 cooler icon to the icon collection.
- Wed 2019 Sep 18: Double-slash /photos// path in robots.txt since some spiders are crawling that way.
- Wed 2019 Sep 11: Found a typo in the robots.txt entry for "BPImageWalker" from www.bdbrandprotect.com. Added "BPImageWalker/2.0".
- Sun 2019 Sep 08: Added the Energizer Vision HD+ LED flashlight icon to the icon collection.
- Sat 2019 Sep 07: Added 2 RTIC 45 cooler icons to the icon collection.
- Fri 2019 Sep 06: Trying to block www.bdbrandprotect.com in robots.txt; "User-agent: BPImageWalker" recommended.
- Thu 2019 Sep 05: Trying to block netEstate NE Crawler in robots.txt.
Updated the list of blocked photos subdirectories in robots.txt.
- Tue 2019 Sep 03: Added the Planet Bike Protegé 9.0 bike computer icon to the icon collection.
- Mon 2019 Sep 02: Added 34 woot! T-shirt icons to the icon collection. (4 are versions bigger than 100x100 pixels.)
- Sat 2019 Aug 31: Added a SRAM GX 2x10 Rear Derailleur icon to the icon collection.
- Wed 2019 Aug 07: Added the Pennsic XLVIII Known World Choir food-court teaser with Wolgemut .wav and .mp3 files to the audio index page.
Corrected the "htlm" typo in several places on this page.
- Mon 2019 Aug 05: Added the Pennsic XLVIII Debatable Choir concert .wav and .mp3 files to the audio index page.
- Sun 2019 Jul 21: Added 13 "I Voted" stickers to the icon collection.
- Sun 2019 Jul 14: Trying to block LightspeedSystemsCrawler in robots.txt.
Udger s.r.o. says LSS doesn't respect robots.txt. ☹
- Sat 2019 Jul 13: Trying to block DomainCrawler in robots.txt.
- Sat 2019 Jul 13: Search engines are spidering through /photos//YYYY. Add /photos//year lines for 1990-2019. (This is duplicating content they've already got.)
- Thu 2019 Jul 11: Search engines are spidering through /photos//whatever. Add /photos//whatever lines for all "Disallow /photos/whaterver" entries.
- Tue 2019 July 2: Added a big red note to the feedback page saying it doesn't work. Replaced "Brent" with "Webmaster".
- Mon 2019 Jun 17: Disallow Cliqzbot crawler in robots.txt.
- Sat 2019 Jun 15: Disallow serpstatbot crawler in robots.txt.
Serpstat started crawling the site around 16:45 Fri Jun 14.
- Wed 2019 Jun 12: Disallow CheckMarkNetwork/1.0 (+http://www.checkmarknetwork.com/spider.html) spider in robots.txt.
- Thu 2019 May 30: Added the Home Depot "Commercial Electric" house-brand Double Jaw Wire Stripper and Crimper to the icon collection.
- Fri 2019 May 24: Added the Serfas True 150 bike light to the icon collection.
- Thu 2019 May 23: Added 3 new "I Voted Arlington" stickers button to the icon collection.
Added a transparent-background version of the SciFi channel logo.
- Sun 2019 Apr 21: Disallow Datanyze (Zoominfo) spider in robots.txt.
- Sun 2019 Mar 31: Added an Obama '08 campaign button and the "others insane" button to the icon collection.
- Mon 2019 Mar 18: Disallow /photos/az, /photos/camping, /photos/power, and /photos/wiring in robots.txt.
Removed Disallow for 2 misspellings of "architecture"; the tags have been corrected, and the misspelled galleries deleted.
- Fri 2019 Mar 15: Blocking http://cloudsystemnetworks.com spider Nimbostratus-Bot/v1.3.2 in robots.txt.
Their site doesn't say enough about who they are.
(It also suggests that they don't look at robots.txt, and I don't seem them going there in my log.)
- Tue 2019 Mar 12: Blocking TagVisit/0.1 spider in robots.txt. Their site says only "We are currently collecting data and will be live soon..." [sic]
- Wed 2019 Mar 6: Captioned 2008/Aug/06 photos (Pennsic).
- Tue 2019 Mar 5: Captioned 2008/Aug/04, 05 photos (Pennsic).
Wrote the photos2web script to automate updating the webserver.
- Mon 2019 Mar 4: Captioning 2008 Pennsic photos.
- Sun 2019 Mar 3: Modified the photo-txt script to allow selecting a previous .txt file with no changes.
- Fri 2019 Mar 1: Wrote the auto-photo script to put new photos on the webserver without captions and tagging.
- Wed 2019 Feb 27: Updated the broken link to lazygal on the
atpic.com Photo Albums,
Site Map, and
Website Changes pages.
Updated the AD HOC Singers redirect page to mention that the site's hosting has moved from GoDaddy.com to this web server (with bchivers.name).
- Fri 2019 Feb 22: Blocking Dataprovider.com spider in robots.txt.
- Mon 2019 Feb 18: Commented out most of the stale content on my home page.
Added links to my photos, audio, and video pages.
Modified the makefile to generate disk, web, and local versions of the home page (which sets the BASE HREF).
- Sun 2019 Feb 17: Created a new video index page with 15 .MTS files, mostly from recent Pennsics.
There already is a videos index page (plural), arranged with subdirectories like the photos page structure.
This new video page is one level, like the audio index page; both may be replaced with multiple levels in the future.
Added recent photos to the photo gallery.
- Sun 2019 Feb 10: Made a new woot_T-Leonardo.png icon. It does not have the severe aliasing artifacts of the previous icon, presumably because I'm using a newer version of the Pinta image editor. (It is also cropped better for making a square icon.)
- Mon 2019 Jan 14: Renamed the 2018 .wav and .mp3 files with names 4 hours later; this appears to be (close to?) correct.
Edited the audio index page to match.
- Sun 2019 Jan 13: Adding .mp3 files for all the .wav files in audio.
(This also requires some tedious edits to the index file to add new links and show sizes. ☹
There's 106 recordings.)
There was a request on Facebook for any Known World Choir recordings from Pennsic XLVII.
I've got files, but many are close to 1GB and will take a long time to download.
And my reply may trigger a lot of interest, and many simultaneous download attempts.
- Fri 2019 Jan 4: Added MegaIndex.com/2.0 to robots.txt, but not expecting it to stop MegaIndex.com.
- Wed 2019 Jan 2: Added the 2019 Status Calendar to the icon collection.
- Tue 2019 Jan 1: Trying to block Seekport Crawler (http://seekport.com/) in robots.txt.
- Tue 2019 Jan 1: Updated the makecalhtml.c program, used annually to generate new alco_year.html files. The current bottom-legend text is now part of the program. If including dates outside the target year (to make complete weeks), put the month in lower case; this keeps scripted updates from finding December dates in the wrong year. Linux home directories are in /home; the program had a MacOS reference to /Users.
- Tue 2019 Jan 1: Started a new 2019 Status Calendar.
- Mon 2018 Dec 31: Updated the email @ddresses page. The adhocsingers.org domain does not handle email after the hosting left GoDaddy.com.
- Mon 2018 Dec 31: Added index links on this page for 2014-2018. (Links have not been added yearly.)
- Wed 2018 Dec 26: Blocked User-agent "The Knowledge AI" in robots.txt.
- Tue 2018 Dec 25: Blocked additional Bing (Microsoft) User-agents
adidxbot, adidxbot/2.0, BingPreview, BingPreview/1.0b, msnbot, msnbot/2.0b,
msnbot-media, and msnbot-media/1.1 in robots.txt.
- Sat 2018 Dec 22: Blocked User-agent panscient.com in robots.txt.
- Fri 2018 Dec 21: Blocked User-agent BLEXBot(/1.0) in robots.txt.
- Fri 2018 Dec 21: Added a jellyfish-drawing icon (from PostSecret) to the icon collection.
- Thu 2018 Dec 20: Added 23 woot T-shirt icons to the icon collection.
- Thu 2018 Dec 20: Added 2 99 Mangoes icons to the icon collection.
- Wed 2018 Dec 19: Blocked User-agent DAUM in robots.txt.
- Fri 2018 Dec 14: Blocked 12 more User-agents in robots.txt:
(Applebot) Applebot/0.1, (Exabot) Exabot/3.0, (istellabot) istellabot/t.1.13, Mail.RU_Bot/Robots/2.0,
(Qwantify) Qwantify/2.4w, SemrushBot/2~bl, SemrushBot/3~bl, (Sogou) Sogou/4.0, Sogouwebspider/4.0,
Sogou web spider/4.0, YisouSpider, ZoominfoBot
- Thu 2018 Dec 6: This site's web server (an old laptop) is now hosting a 2nd site, saving $120+/year in hosting fees. Little additional load is expected.
- Mon 2018 Dec 3: Added the YouTube 404 error icon to the icon collection.
- Sat 2018 Dec 1: Added 3 MadDogPAC.com icons to the icon collection.
- Sun 2018 Nov 25: Added left/right-flipped versions of 8 political icons in the icon collection.
Removed one of a previously flipped pair, and decided to display the new flipped version of some.
- Sun 2018 Nov 18: Added an icon of the Birzman Zacoo Macht Shock Pump to the icon collection.
- Sun 2018 Nov 18: Added 8 icons of the EBIKELING Bike Handlebar Cover
(Neoprene Handlebar Mittens), a re-colorized HOT-N-NOW [neon-light bicycle],
and the South Australia Outback Odyssey 2015 in its original aspect ratio
to the icon collection.
- Mon 2018 Nov 5: Added a Simpsons-parody McCain/Palin icon
(from flywyd's post) to the icon collection.
- Sun 2018 Nov 4: Added 4 voting icons –
"Virginia is for Voters", "Register to Vote", "I Voted Absentee",
and "vote!!! or else they win" –
to the icon collection.
- Fri 2018 Nov 2: Added a digit-crust pi pie and a
Peanuts Movie "Peanutize Me" icon to the icon collection.
- Mon 2018 Oct 22: Added a wide (non-squished) version of the Winter Sports woot T-shirt icon to the icon collection.
- Sun 2018 Oct 21: Added 175 icons from 114 woot! T-shirts to the icon collection.
- Sun 2018 Sep 23: Added 4 icons of the Ravemen PR1200 bike light to the icon collection.
- Sat 2018 Sep 22: Disallow /tv_episodes.html in robots.txt. (It's getting a lot of visits suddenly.)
- Sat 2018 Sept 8: Added 3 icons of the Ryobi 20" 40v cordless electric mower
and 3 icons of the Ryobi 40v battery and charger to the icon collection.
Added an icon of the New Belgium Beer Trippel label to the icon collection.
- Mon 2018 Sept 3: Blocked more User-agents in robots.txt:
coccocbot-image/1.0, DotBot, DotBot/1.1, Mail.Ru, Mail.RU_Bot, Mail.RU_Bot/2.0, MJ12bot/v1.4.8